The government provides funding to schools for the development of PE and sport, to improve the quality and breadth of PE and sport. Following the Olympics school wanted to increase the participation for our pupils in sports that they may not get the opportunity to do.
Schools can choose how they use the funding, for example to:
- HIRE SPECIALIST PE TEACHERS OR QUALIFIED SPORTS COACHES TO WORK WITH PRIMARY TEACHERS DURING PE LESSONS
- SUPPORT AND INVOLVE THE LEAST ACTIVE CHILDREN BY RUNNING AFTER-SCHOOL SPORTS CLUBS AND HOLIDAY CLUBS, E.G. THECHANGE4LIFE CLUBS
- PROVIDE RESOURCES AND TRAINING COURSES IN PE AND SPORT FOR TEACHERS
- RUN SPORT COMPETITIONS OR INCREASE PUPILS’ PARTICIPATION IN THE SCHOOL GAMES
- RUN SPORTS ACTIVITIES WITH OTHER SCHOOLS
- FOR OUR SCHOOL THIS HAS SEEN THE INTRODUCTION MANY EXCITING SPORTS WHICH NOT ONLY DEVELOP SKILLS AND ABILITY IN THE SPORTS BUT SCHOOL WILL AIM TO DEVELOP EXCITEMENT AND OPPORTUNITY FOR ALL CHILDREN REGARDLESS OF ABILITY. THE LOCAL AUTHORITY SPORTS PARTNERSHIP, WHICH USES SPECIALIST TEACHERS TO PROVIDE COACHING FOR OUR SCHOOL BEGAN IN OCTOBER 2013, AND THIS PROVIDED SPECIALIST TRAINING FOR TEACHERS TO SUPPORT THE DELIVERY OF A HIGH QUALITY PE CURRICULUM.
In 2017/8 SCHOOL WILL RECEIVE £16970
What impact the school has seen on pupils’ PE and sport participation and attainment.
It aims to give the opportunity for a growing number of pupils to participate in sports which would normally be beyond the realms of a primary curriculum, sustaining the Olympic Legacy by maintaining a sport for all culture within our community.
How the improvements will be sustainable in the future
Rock climbing , horse riding and sailing will continue to be an integral part of our curriculum.
|HOW ITS BEEN SPENT||COST||IMPACT|
|ROCK CLIMBING||£2530||To develop upper body strength and rock climbing skills to encourage pupils to participate in a physically challenging sport that the children would not usually have the opportunity to participate in.|
|HORSE RIDING||£3500||Pupils in Year 1 and 2 developed horse riding skills and how to care for animals. Certification.|
|SAILING||£1000||All year 5/6 pupils developed or embedded existing sailing skills resulting in certification.|
|OUTDOOR EQUIPMENT||£20,000 over 2 years||Resources to be purchased to encourage physical activity in KS1 and KS2 main yard.|
|EYFS ACTIVITY RESOURCES||£1000||Resources to be purchased to encourage physical activity in EYFS and Y1 outdoor areas.|
|AFTER SCHOOL CLUBS||£1000||All pupils were given the opportunity to attend after school clubs led by Dance and Sports specialists.|
After School activities for pupils include specialist dance teacher, boxercise, street dance, cheerleading and Martial Arts to encourage activities beyond school.